The world is full of amazing and random facts. Some worth knowing and some not worth knowing. Then there are some that may appear pointless but they could actually amazing your friends and will always come in handy at your local pub quiz.
Without further ado here are 19 awesome facts that you didn’t know.
1. Chocolate can kill a dog. Chocolate affects a dog’s heart and nervous system. Only a few ounces is enough to kill a small dog.
2. 40% of the profits that McDonalds make come from the sale of happy meals.
3. The tune for “Twinkle, twinkle little star” is the same tune for “A-B-C”.
4. American Airlines saved over $40,000 in 1987 eliminating one olive from each salad served in First Class.
5. A tarantula spider can live for more than two years without eating a single thing.
6. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind will damage the spacesuit.
7. Originally butterflies were named flutterby.
8. Canada is an Indian word which means “Big Village”.
9. When a lion wants to mate he cannot be stopped under any circumstances. In fact copulation occurs every 15 minutes for one week straight. Luckily for the lionesses lions only want to mate once every two years.
10. The average ear of corn has eight hundred kernels in sixteen rows.
11. There are no words in the English dictionary that rhyme with the words orange, purple and silver.
12. The quack of a duck does not echo and no one knows why.
13. During the chariot scene in the movie “Ben Hur”, a small red car can be seen in the distance.
14. The dial tone of a normal and standard phone is in the key of F.
15. When a giraffe gives birth the baby falls a distance of six feet. Normally the baby is not harmed during the birth.
16. During the 1830’s tomato ketchup was sold as medicine.
17. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
18. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
19. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies room during a dance.
For more hints, tips, news and all things technology and geek related please follow us on Facebook or Twitter or subscribe to our feed.