Sometimes in life we find ourselves stuck in a bit of a rut, unable to move forward in life. Amazingly when we are faced with such moments the things that hold us back are easily dealt with allowing us to freely move forward in life.
Here are 10 Things You Must Give Up to Move Forward.
1. Letting the Opinions of Others Control Your Life.
- It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.
- You have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life not what is best for everyone else.
2. The Shame of Past Failures.
- Your past does not equal your future.
- All that matters is what you do right now.
3. Being Indecisive About What You Want.
- You will never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
- Make a decision to figure out what you want, and then pursue it passionately.
4. Procrastinating on the Goals that Matter to You.
- There are two primary choices in life, to accept conditions as they exist or accept responsibility for changing them.
- The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The best time is now.
5. Choosing to do Nothing.
- You don’t get to choose how you are going to die or when.
- You can only decide how you are going to live right now.
- Every day is a new chance to choose.
6. You Need to be Right.
- Aim for success but never give up your right to be wrong.
- Because when you do you will also lose your ability to learn new things and move forward with your life
7. Running from Problems that Should be Fixed.
- Stop Running.
- Face these issues, fix the problem, communicate, appreciate, forgive and LOVE the people in your life who deserve it.
8. Making Excuses Rather than Decisions.
- Most long-term failures are the outcome of people who make excuses instead of decisions.
9. Overlooking the Positive Points in your Life.
- What you see often depends entirely on what you are looking for.
- You will have a hard time ever being happy if you aren’t thankful for the good things in your life right now.
10. Not Appreciating the Present Moments.
- Too often we try to accomplish something big without realising that the greatest part of your life is made up of the little things.